RoboForm: Learn more...

Sunday, March 1, 2015

USB Password Manager - Keep All Your Passwords on USB Drive!

My mind is not a good storage of important information and so I have a real problem remembering dates, people's names, shop names and even my own Internet logins and passwords. However, I found a perfect solution to the problem - USB password manager. This program allows me to totally free my mind of the necessity to remember such information as city zip codes, telephone numbers, credit card details, and even my own logins and passwords.

When you surf the web, you often have to fill in forms for opening web accounts, buying products, registering at forums and blogs. So you can end up having hundreds of logins and passwords, which are hard to remember. For me, as a web writer, it turned into a real problem since I have to register at hundreds of websites, forums and social networks.

It used to be a total disaster, but then I found a perfect solution - USB password manager. It simply records all your account information to a database when you type it on the web. So the next time you visit a particular website, where you need to fill in a form or submit login and password, the password manager does the job for you automatically. The huge advantage of this software is that I can keep it on my USB flash drive together with the personal information database, so whenever I need to travel or simply go to an Internet café - all I have to do is connect my USB flash drive to the computer and my web surfing becomes much simpler.

Talking about other functions of the USB password manager, it is worth mentioning that it is a very user friendly piece of software. The personal information database is created automatically after the installation of the program to a USB flash drive, and the password manager toolbar is added to your browser toolbar. The password manager toolbar is a perfect add-on to either Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer browser with such features as Google search bar, Fill form button, and the Autosubmit function. It also provides immediate access to popular websites such as Yahoo, Amazon.com etc.

Another useful functionality of the USB password manager is the ability to create strong passwords which consist of a random combination of letters and digits and can never be cracked. You can even specify the password parameters such as how long, how complicated, use upper or lower case or both. Machine passwords are more sustainable to hacking attempts than human-made password. The mere length of a machine-made password makes it more secure, and security is vitally important if you publish your personal information on the web.

To continue the list of USB password manager benefits, I should say that the amount of typing that you don't have to do, if you choose to use it, is really impressive. If I had to manually type all those extended forms which I now fill in with just one or two mouse clicks, thanks to the password manager, it would take me years to do the job which I now manage to do in just seconds! And, since you don't have to type anything, no keylogger or other malicious software will be able to compromise your passwords.

I recommend using USB password manager to all of you!

Alexander Golishev is a copywriter for Novosoft LLC, software developer, with a great deal of expertise in data backup and recovery matters.

Article Source: EzineArticles.com

No comments:

Post a Comment